Saturday, June 23, 2012

The party's over

The last poetry craft talk was this morning, and was it ever a beauty.  Ellen Bass talked about the difference between Sentiment and Sentimentality and how we need to risk sentimentality and achieve sentiment.  The graduation and the banquet are now over.  Frank, one of my two suite mates, has already left for Portland.  So the residency is finished.  I only need to pack the car and drive back to Portland, leaving a young man who repairs violins in Santa Fe at a youth hostel in Northwest Portland just a few blocks from my son's apartment.  When I get back, I'll need to upload my residency review file on Moodle, and I'll be totally clear and ready to look to the next two weeks for 5 poems, three book reviews of books I haven't read, and a significant cover letter.  Yow!

I'm tired, and I need to finish packing tonight, including the computer on which I have written this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment