Monday, June 11, 2012

Anticipation ii

I've read and studied the schedule draft for the 10-day residency, and it looks powerful--ten days of workshops, craft lectures, classes, panels, and readings from at least 35 faculty.  That's a lot of exposure to a lot of faculty power.  If anything is gonna boost my creative brain waves, this should.

I've corresponded with a student who's starting her thesis semester, and she has been helpful, even about the kitchen, which must be pretty spartan.  In the description the MFA folk sent about living circumstances for those ten days, the notes on the kitchen include "one pot and one pan."  My student correspondent says she didn't cook that much because she wanted as many chances as possible to socialize.  I plan to have eggs and tea for breakfasts, and at least one night, I'll make fettucini Alfredo.  That still leaves about a week of evening meals.  It sounds like an amazing adventure, an exhilarating one that will ask me to use a lot of stamina.   I've been thinking a lot about what to pack, but that's something for another blog.  Good night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment